Thursday, March 27, 2014

march 27, 2014

Well, let's see how this goes!  Hopefully, I will not lose any of my email followers.  I may copy and paste to be sure until I get it all together. 

Old ladies and technology!

Lord,

Thank You.  Thank You for being up early enough to be able to start my day with a bit of quiet time with You before it all goes crazy.  Thank You for a McDonald's breakfast and 30 minutes alone in a car!  Thank You for friends who keep me sane when I am sure that I am leaning toward crazy.  Thank You for showing up in the little things of my life and reminding me again that Your love is universal, but it also very personal and individual.

Please help me to be able to meet my friend and be a help to her.  You know how difficult she is having it right now.  Please give her Your strength and sure her up.  Help her lay her burdens at Your feet and trust that You have her in Your arms even now.  Please help her to get some rest.

Thank You for giving me more than I ask or imagine.

Thank You for Your wisdom.  I sure need it.  I don't know how anyone parents without prayer.  Please remind me the next time the eyes roll, that they are given to me by You to teach Your ways.  Help me to know how to do that without crushing who they are or will be in You. 

Thank You for providing for my family through difficult circumstances.  Thank You for every day past the "blow-up", every day past the "end of the marriage", every day past the "day in the elevator".  Thank You for the gifts that You have given me which I take for granted every day.

Lord, I feel a little numb right now.  I have a strong desire for something spiritual that I can't place my finger on.  I just ask that You would evaluate my heart, show me if there is anything wicked in me and help me to lay it down.  Please bring healing and restoration to the hearts of the people I love.  Please show us, as a church, the way You would have us to go.  Please give us wisdom to choose Your pastor and not our own.  Please pour out Your wisdom liberally, as You promise in Your word.  I am asking for it, 

Please Lord, break down the lies of the enemy in the hearts of Your children.  Please reveal them to people who are still believing them to be true.  Please send "truth tellers" and speak to our hearts that truth will sound like truth to us, to those who are wandering, to those who do not yet believe.  Please work miracles in the hearts of the prodigals and help them to "come to themselves" and seek to head home to the Father's house.

Please bring healing to the homes that are in the middle of a battlefield.  Please draw the hearts of the husbands and fathers to You, and help them to lead their families in Your ways and toward Your will and plan.  Please guard the hearts of our children against the attacks of the enemy and give them peace in who You are. 

Please be with my list of those who are struggling with cancer.  You know every name, every situation, every struggle that ensues.  Please strengthen their immune systems, let their body see the cancer cells and not allow them to grow.  Please let the healthy cells grow and begin to function as they were designed.  But, most importantly, please draw each individual and their family and friends close to You, be very tangible to them and allow them feel Your arms around them.  Please let their situation cause others to draw nearer to You and know You more fully.  Please help them set their hearts toward You and trust You with their outcome.  Please give strength to their families and friends.

Help me Lord to seek Your will above my own, complete the tasks You would have me accomplish today, show people Your love, and speak Your gospel to those who need to hear it.  Please bring restoration and healing where it is needed and grace where it isn't possible. 

In Jesus Name
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment