Saturday, July 26, 2014

July 26, 3014

 Good Morning Lord,

Thank You for a nice morning.  Thank You for  a nice visit with Angelica.  Thank You for getting her home safely with both boys.  Thank You for providing a great friend for Lindsay while she is living so far away.  Thank You for minimalizing injuries in the tunnel crash yesterday.

Thank You for a bit of rest for Jim.  Please help him to be rested and enjoy his vacation.  Please lead him to effectively lead our family, spiritually and otherwise. 

Thank You for the opporrunity to help someone out a bit.

Thank You for a quiet house this morning and a breather.  Thank You that my girl is home and we are able enjoy the whole of our family.  Thank You that I am able, for a little while, to see the whole bunch in one day.  Thank You for watching over all of them while they are not in my sight and while they are.  Please Lord, keep speaking Your love to them.  Please keep drawing them closer to You.  Please highlight the traps of the enemy so they can avoid them.  Please show them the lies of the enemy that they will be able to hear Your truth.  Help them Lord to gain understanding and desire to walk close to You.  Help me Lord to continue to teach Your ways and show Your love to my kids and my grandkids.  I know that You are a big God and I am not asking small.  I am asking that all of my kids and my grandkids, my great-grandkids, and all of my descendants walk after You and take their part in the work of the Kingdom.  I ask that I will not be missing one in heaven.  They have always belonged to You Lord.  Please help me that I can teach them what they need to know.

Thank You for a respite, a break, a breather from the back and forth at church.  I know the vision for the church has not changed, I know it is still to be the salvation of Southern West Virginia and Boone County.  I know that not one life is expendable, not one is out of Your reach.  I so desperately want to see the church operate effectively in that calling, but I am at a complete loss as to how to help in the process.  I ask that You show me how to help and what to say and when.  Please Lord, shine the light on the pastor of Your choice.  Your choice is the only one that matters. 

Please be with Linda Ray and Wes as they battle cancer.  I know there are more.  Please give them strength and bring healing to their bodies.  Please give them a wonderful testimony to bring You glory.   Thank You for healing Linda the first time, I know You can do it again.

Thank You for a bit of encouragement this week.  Thank You for a little time to pray.

Thank You for my friend Barb.  Lord, please bless her a little extra today. 

Lord, as always, I ask for wisdom.  I know that Your wisdom confounds the wise.  I know that Your wisdom is above all the wisdom of the "great" philosophers.  Your wisdom is what I desire, that I would be able to point people to Your path. 

I pray that You would fight the enemy, speak Your truth to combat his lies.  I pray that in the mind of the prodigal and the wanderer, You would defeat the lies of the enemy that keep them in bondage.  I pray that You would allow truth to sound like truth to them.  I pray that You would reveal Yourself to them in a very real and tangible way.

Thank You Lord for making the way for You and me to have a relationship.  Thank You for the obedience of Your Son.  Thank You for loving me while I was unpolished and covered in my own sin.  Thank You for loving me when I have messed up so much that I thought You would be done with me.  Thank You for grace, which is far more amazing that I could ever explain in a thousand songs.  Thank You for Your love that is so perfect, so all encompassing that I could write a thousand books and never touch the surface of the eternal perfection of it.  Thank You Lord for Your perfect, all encompassing, eternal, and personal for me - love. 

I am amazed by You
I am amazed by You
I am amazed by You
how You love me

When I get crazy and don't know which way to go.  I am thankful that You put Your arms around me and remind me that You love me.  Somehow that is all I need.

In Jesus Name
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment