Well Lord, how awesome it is when You show up in that tangible way that makes me feel like I have given all I have at the altar and done my best to give You the sacrifice of praise. How awesome that sometimes, the song is right, the harmony is right on, the sense of freedom is overwhelming and I can get to that place where I don't think about anything else but You. Thank You for helping me to get there this morning. Thank You for being tangible, for working in freedom. Thank You for the blessing of being able to sing with my kids. I am honestly a bit afraid that our window to fulfill our calling as a family is slipping. Please help us get recorded while Lindsay is here. It is a little selfish, I just want a CD for myself. I want to do it for You, You created the voices, You placed us in the family together. You receive the honor and the glory. But, honestly, my praise rises with our voices together.
Lord, I am not any less confused. I am not any less lost as to what to do next. I am still waiting for clear direction. But, I am filled with a new hope that You are moving and tangible. Thanks for the reminder. I am resolved that which ever way You call me, You will do so clearly at some point and You will equip me to do what You would have me to do.
I ask Lord that You would meet a very specific need. I can't share it, I can't ask openly for supportive prayer. But, I know You already know my heart. I ask that YOu would supply the need, move in power, and bring growth and healing, restoration and increase.
Please be with a friend who is struggling right now. Please show clearly the path for her and show her where You desire to use her for Your glory.
Please Lord, be with the wanderers, the ones whose mothers pray for them and try not to worry. I pray for Aunt Edith's kids and grandkids.
Please be with those who are fighting cancer, Linda, Vicki, Wes, Ruby, George and so many more. Please strengthen them and heal them, please bring peace to them their families in the midst of the their battle.
Please be with those who are suffering physically for holding fast to their faith. Please cover the family of the Iranian pastor whose name I never get right. I haven't heard anything in a while. Please give his family Your peace that passes understanding. Please give him Your strength, show him what to say, help him to shine Your light. Please ease his suffering and make a way where there seems to be no way.
Thank You for my encouragers. You have always provided them.
This sure isn't a pretty prayer, but You know my heart, and You created my scatter-brained self.
Please speak truth to the wandering heart and reveal Yourself to them. Help them to draw close to You.
Thank You Lord for the blessings that I live in that I do not deserve. Thank You for loving me while I was unlovable. Thank You for loving me despite my mistakes, despite my untrust, despite my mess. Thank You that I belong to You and Your love is perfect for me.
Help me Lord to do what is right, say what is right, show Your love, walk Your path and live Your way.
In Jesus Name
amen
No comments:
Post a Comment