Thank You Lord for a beautiful day in Amish country, a wonderful time at the farm, and a great time with my family. Thank You for all my kids and grandkids. The ones who could be here, and the ones that could not. Thank You for helping us to have such a nice time together. Thank You for the special experience today of petting a giraffe, watching an elk nudge Robin for more food, for getting to watch the kids feed animals touchably close. Thank You for this place of escape and calm where even in the noise of the kids, we seem to hear Your voice more clearly.
Thank You for getting to spend a little time with Elijah tonight quietly and by himself. Thank You for special time with my grandkids. Thank You for my big kids having such a helpful attitude today. Please help me to find ways to show them Your love and connect with them to teach them Your ways.
Lord, it isn't quite quiet enough to hear You clearly, but I desire to hear Your voice in all things. Thank You for this beautiful, beautiful cool weather. Thank You for a people who have not changed to conform to this world. I can't live the way they do, and I don't feel You calling me to do that, but, I am glad You have called someone to walk so clearly different. Thank You for Christian music in every store, Bible verses on nearly every wall. Thank You for helping us remember that we are all called to walk different from the world.
Thank You that my marriage today is so different from 20 years ago. Thank You for speaking to me, even when I am frustrated or angry. Thank You for healing things in our lives so thoroughly that the scars are barely visible (figuratively speaking). I ask Lord that You would bring restoration and healing to the relationships that have been damaged because our family was so long becoming fully dedicated to You. I ask for Your mercy in the lives of my children where I have missed teaching them something important. I know that You are the God of more than enough, and You are able to bridge the gap between the parent I was and the parent I should have been. I ask Your forgiveness for not taking my parenting seriously enough sometimes.
Please Lord, help me to discern Your leading. Help me to go where You would have me to go. Please direct my path, so I can do Your will.
Please bring the exact right man to AGF. Please let it be obvious and clear and lead the church back to the original vision of the salvation of Boone County and Southern West Virginia. I know that my husband's salvation was not expendable to me, I don't think anyone else's is either. I am asking big because You are big. I am asking that somehow AGF will be on task and helpful in ushering in a revival that sweeps our area. I am asking that people would again desire to be near to You, learning about You, seeking You.
Please Lord keep working on those husbands who we have been praying for for so long. I have the list. You know the list. I pray for the wives who are waiting that You would give them strength and wisdom to know how to show Your love and speak Your truth only when You nudge them to do so. I pray for comfort for them when it becomes difficult to be the saved spouse of a lost spouse who isn't using the same "rule book". I ask that You would send encouragers their way to help them hang on and keep praying. Please work miracles in these homes and help the children hold tight to Your truth and feel Your love and Your arms around them.
Please be with those who are wandering. Please do not leave them to wander alone. Please help them to come to themselves and desire to come back to the Father. Please let truth begin to sound like truth and the lies of the enemy be exposed for what they are.
Please be with Wes, Linda, Vicki, Ruby, and George. I know there are more, You know their names.
Help me to desire You more tomorrow than today.
In Jesus Name
Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment