Thursday, May 1, 2014

May 1, 2014

Dear Lord,

Thank You SOOOOO much for a great church service last night.  Thank You for a bit of encouragement.  You knew exactly what I needed to know that I was on track, thank You for knowing me so fully and encouraging me so perfectly.  Thank You for getting me through the bit of nervousness and helping me get to a place where I was just doing what I knew You wanted me to do.
Thank You for Steve who jumped right in and ran service. 

Thank You for a great friend!   Thank You for her willingness to listen and provide counsel on short notice.  Thank You for the precious friendship we share.  Thank You for loving me completely enough to know just who I need.  Please help me to be this kind of a blessing to someone else in my life. 

Thank You for a nice day out with my husband and for making a way in a difficult situation.  Please help him to see You as the solver of the problem and remind him how completely You care for us.  Thank You for the days when we walk in the same direction as a team effortlessly.  Thank You for the profound difference in our lives since he has come to know and love You.  Thank You for the answer to prayer.  Thank You for my family, my kids, my grandkids, my friends, and all those You have given me.  I am truly blessed.

Thank You for the multitude of Godly counsel, for Godly women who seek You and desire to walk Your way.  Thank You for growing my relationship with You to a place where going backward seems silly.  Thank You for the women You have provided me through my life to guide me and to walk beside me.  You are a complete blesser.

Lord, I don't want to repeat over and over the same things, but the same things may be on my mind.  I don't want to be guilty of vain repetition.  Please strengthen those who are struggling with cancer.  Thank You for the healings we have heard about, thank You for never leaving nor forsaking my friends in their struggle.  Please bring healing to their bodies, but more importantly, bring their hearts closer to You and a real understanding of who You are and how much You love them. 

Please be with those who have lost loved ones.  It may be a part of life, but it is always a difficult part of life to navigate.  Please be very close to them and hold them when they are overwhelmed.  Please give them a glimpse of their loved on in Glory.  Please keep close to them and hold them through the difficult days that I will not remember are important when they come up, like birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries, days that were special to them.  I know You are enough, please be tangible to them.

Lord, please help me to have a desire to preach Your gospel to the lost.  Please help me to not be afraid to speak Your love, or to speak Your truth, even when it is scary.  Please forgive me to being chicken too often.  Please give me Your wisdom to know when and how to sow the seeds.  Please help me to only speak what You give and to speak it boldly.

Please Lord, Your word promises that You will pour out Your wisdom for those who ask.  I am always asking because I know Your ways are higher than mine.  Please help me to parent and teach Your ways, teach my kids who You are, not some surface knowledge, but a deep understanding of how precious they are to You and what that should mean in their lives.

Please Lord keep working on our prodigals, the ones we pray for over and over, the ones we weep for and worry over.  I try not to worry, and I appreciate the word You have given me concerning my prodigal.  I ask that You would work miracles in the lives of these prodigal sons and daughters.  I pray that You would speak life to them, speak truth to combat the lies of the enemy.  How deceived we are when we listen to the wrong voice.  Please forgive me for not effectively teaching spiritual truths that were my responsibility.  Please help them to see the truth quickly.  Please help them to experience Your love on a level deep enough that they just can't get enough and desire to know how to please You and walk Your way. 

Please help me Lord, when I want to walk my own way, to lay down my desires and pick up Yours.  Please help me to seek Your will and Your face more than anything else.  Please help me to draw close to You and rest in Your presence.  Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.  Even in struggle Lord, I can have complete freedom in You.  Thank You that I am no longer bound, but am free.  Thank You for setting me free.  Thank You that You set me free just to be free.  Thank You for freedom. 

In Jesus Name
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment