Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 27, 2014

Sorry buddies, it's been a bit!

Lord,

Thank you for the quiet.  Thank You for my large and wonderful family.  Thank You for a mini adventure practice camping with the girls.  Thank You for a few minutes with my friend yesterday.  Thank You for Imitrex. 

You know Lord, I am struggling right now with a few decisions.  You know what they are.  I need Your help. 

I am worried about things that I should be bringing to You.  I try to bring them and leave them, but I'm not sure if I am doing that very effectively, because I seem to still be worried about them.  I know that indecision IS a decision, so I am asking You to help make my decision easy.  Help me see where You want me to be, how You want me to handle this situation. 

I started off this prayer thing hoping to be able to pray freely, but also, I don't want to offend anyone.  Sometimes that keeps me from praying freely.  I think I'm just going to lay down that fear of offense and pray.  I don't want to go through the motions.  I don't want this to be some canned prayer about generalized stuff that has no impact on anyone's life at all.  I want this to be what it started off to be, earnest prayer shared with others.

Lord, You know that my husband has only been saved a little while and almost from the beginning our spiritual and physical life have been in an upheaval.  I know that You knew that from the beginning and You are not surprised.  I know that the steps of a righteous man are ordered of You.  I am asking You to order some steps.  I am asking You to provide him with a pastor.  Honestly, and I am sure this is selfish, it isn't as important to me that our church has pastor as it is right now that my husband has a pastor.  Someone who will be there, answer his questions, direct him in Bible study, have an understanding of his spiritual place and help him grow, be someone that he respects and trusts and can lead him.  I need him to have that leadership, and You know him and what type of leadership he needs.  I could throw myself in the floor about how unfair it is, but I know first that is silly and second is does not good.  I know that You love him far more than I do.  I know that You desire his spiritual growth and the spiritual growth of our family far more than I do.  I know that Your time is perfect and mine is impatient and I can't see the whole picture.  Lord, I am going to try to leave this with You and not pick it back up and mull it over and over, but You will have to help me.

Help me Lord to know how to be a blessing to Bill in Tennessee.  Please help me to pray effectively and be willing to go the extra mile to help my friends family and now my friends.  Please help him to get some help, try to eat, desire to eat.  Most of all Lord, please reveal Your love to him and draw him close to You.  Please help him to speak to his family about his relationship with You so they can have peace if he goes on home.  Please Lord, bless his time with Lisa and the rest of his family.  Really Lord, I know that You can heal him from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet that You can rid his body of cancer.  You know that my main concern is that his soul is ready to see You whether he is here for another 10 minutes or 25 years.  Please work miracles for him and his family.  Please help him be ready to see You and his family know that he is ready.  Please help me know how to effectively pray for them and be supportive.  Please wrap Your arms around Lisa and give her Your strength.  Please help her know that her strength is coming from You.  Please be with Steve and give him strength.  Help him to come close to You and trust You.  Please give Bill more time here with us, more time with his family, more time to live and thrive.  Please allow them somehow to cross paths with Bart and Cindy.  I don't know how, but You know how to make them cross paths.  Please help them to be able to minister to them in some way.  I know how obedient to Your leading they are.

You know that I ask daily for Your wisdom in raising my kids and helping the other kids and teenagers around me.  Help me Lord to be available and approachable, but  not a push over.  You know how hard that balance is for me sometimes.  Please help our vacation to bond our family closer together.  Please let my husband be able to relax and enjoy the week, enjoy our family, enjoy our friends.  Please smooth all the stuff and help us to just gel well together and be able to have a good time.  Please let the kids get along well, the trip go safely and be an effective vacation for all of us. 

Lord, please help my husband's pain be minimal and his energy be up a bit.  Please let his heart stay in rhythm and his breathing be easy.  Please give encouragement and an extra dose of Your tangible presence to those who are in chronic pain.  Please give them extra strength and rest from the pain sometimes to catch their breath.  Please fight satan on their behalf and not allow him to win the battle for their minds.  Please  help them to remember how much You love them and how much, even in their difficulty, You can still remind them of that love.  Please be with Jim, BeBe, Michelle, and many others who are struggling with chronic pain issues.

Lord, please lead clearly on this women's conference.  I feel so strongly that You are leading that direction and have no idea how to get that all together.  I actually only know that I have a testimony to give and it feels as though You are leading that way.  If I am wrong, please put the brakes on.  But, if You are leading that way, I am trusting You to show me how, when, who, and all the details.  I am trusting You to provide.

Thank You for a good conversation a few weeks ago with a trusted friend.  Actually, I am rich in wise, Godly women friends.   Thank You!  Please give me Your wisdom to share with those who seek counsel from me. 

Thank You Lord for allowing me to feel free to pray my heart and trust You with the rest.

In Jesus Name
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment